With a strong emphasis on policy and practice, the conference has been structured around 11 central themes:
- Assessment and Identification
- Characteristics of Gifted Children
- Lived Experiences of Giftedness
- Social and Emotional Aspects of Giftedness
- Classroom Practice and Effective Pedagogies
- Teacher and Teacher Training Development
- Social Disadvantage and Intervention Programmes
- Formation and Implementation of National Policies
- Creativity and the Talent Dimension
- Open Strand
Programme details are published in the 2007 World Conference Book, sponsored by the Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Awards for Distinguished Academic Performance, to be distributed at the conference.
For an outline schedule please download the conference programme PDF. Below are detailed programmes by day. Please click the dates to see speakers and abstracts by day and time. There is no need to print this as a paper copy will be given to you at registration. Daily programme details are subject to change.
All conference presenters should download the presenter guidelines.
Sunday 5 August
Welcome ceremony, address and get together party
Sessions will commence at 08:45 and end at 17:00
Monday 6 August
Tuesday 7 August
Afternoon free for sightseeing and networking
Wednesday 8 August
Thursday 9 August
Friday 10 August
Pre-Conference Workshops - Sunday 5 August 09.00 - 17.00
Focussing directly on classroom practice, the workshops will be practical and relate to teaching and learning. Each workshop will be three hours in length so participants will have the opportunity to work in depth and reflect on current issues affecting differentiation of learning opportunities within the normal school.
Download full details of each workshop and presenter.